Understanding China Before Doing Business in China
China, a $11 trillion economy growing at 7 percent annually, is a never-before-seen force reshaping our global economy. Many people have travelled to China. Even if you have never been to China, you can feel China’s presence through many “made-in-China” products in your daily life. Yet China still remains a mystery to many Westerners. Many businesses who had already opened shops/factories in China failed. But many more want to find a way to access the massive Chinese market. Before you start doing business in China, you should understand China first.
Helen Raleigh, CFA, was born and raised in Communist China. She left China for the U.S. to pursue her MBA in 1996. She speaks both Mandarin Chinese and English fluently. Having lived in both China and the U.S., she understands the challenges Westerners face when doing business in China and is well-versed on what important aspects that Westerners need to know before they go to China.
Helen’s talk on China goes beyond simple cultural norms that a typical cross-cultural training focuses on. Instead, she takes a deep dive in China’s history, politics, economy, and culture. Audience will walk away with a fresh perspective and new understanding about China like never before.
– The Chinese market and Chinese people are more diverse than you think
– Chinese people are united by a common cultural heritage
– Understanding the basics of Chinese culture and its implications will help you do business in China
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Pre-Call Rehearsal: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.