No books available at this time
Pulling in the same direction: what sled dogs teach us about Wild teamwork
Join leadership speaker, wilderness guide, and poet Chris Heeter, for a journey to the Wild side of teamwork. Drawing on over three decades of guiding wilderness trips as well as breeding and training teams of sled dogs, Chris illuminates the nuance as well as practical down-to-earth skills for leading and being part of teams. Rich with metaphors and life lessons in communication and working together, dogsledding offers a unique perspective and remarkably applicable tools for working with your “pack,” whether they have four legs or two! Hilarious stories and the quirky personalities of the dogs are the backdrop for this engaging, entertaining, and deeply relevant program. You’ll learn about dogsledding gear and when “setting the snow hook” might be the best thing to do not only on the trail, but in a meeting or in working with your clients. Get to know some of the dogs and learn what worked and what decidedly didn’t as Chris and her partner developed the team. When all is said and done, we know we’re better together, and the perspective of Chris’ beloved sled dogs offers an uncomplicated and compassionate approach to the sometimes complex world of teamwork, helping us remember what matters and simplifying what’s needed in order to hold that focus.
1. Highlight the strengths and skills of each individual in your group
2. Strengthen teams and leaders through self-knowledge, compassionate presence, and courageous conversations
3. Build high-performing teams that dare to engage, speak up, and care
4. Integrate a Wild philosophy into your workplace, where individuals, teams, and the organization itself has the courage to bring the gift of all of who they are to all of what they do.
Chris customizes every program through a pre-cast phone conversation. In our discussion, we’ll get clear on your goals, hopes, needs, and desires for the program, as well as giving Chris a chance to get some familiarity with the culture of your team/organization.
what you get
- Last up to one hour
- Allow for up to 200 connections into the Cast (a connection is a login from a unique location)
- Include the two-way video experience (including interactive HD streaming video and audio) and dedicated support