Never Hire a Bad Salesperson Again
This session will show you a process for avoiding the financial headaches and frustration caused by unmotivated, underperforming salespeople. Christopher Croner, Ph.D., co-author of “Never Hire a Bad Salesperson Again,” will show you how to select only those candidates with the Drive to become top producers.
Over 80 years of sales research have shown that of all the traits essential for salespeople, the most critical is a characteristic called Drive. Drive is composed of three critical elements found in top producing salespeople: Need for Achievement, Competitiveness, and Optimism. Drive is especially critical for salespeople who must “hunt” to find and open new accounts. However, Drive is also one of the most difficult traits for interviewers to rate, and among the easiest for sales candidates to fake. Furthermore, Drive cannot be learned or developed. Extensive research, detailed in Dr. Croner’s book, has shown that there is a consistent formula for identifying Drive in sales candidates.
Sales managers who understand and use this hiring process are effective at weeding out pretenders and identifying potential top producers. This presentation will show members how to hire and develop those with an intense desire to succeed. In this session, you will learn:
– Key characteristics that cause salespeople to underachieve.
– How low-potential candidates can create positive first impressions.
– Interviewer tendencies that can allow underperformers to slip through the cracks.
– Why the three elements of Drive are critical factors to determine a salesperson’s long-term potential.
– The four other “teachable” traits important for salesperson performance.
– How to screen sales candidates for Drive, eliminating low-potential candidates early in the process.
– The SalesDrive interview model for selecting candidates with Drive and other key skills.
– Questions we use to separate true high-Drive candidates from pretenders.
– Techniques from clinical psychology to get a complete story about a candidate’s experience and potential.
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Final Systems Check: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.