No books available at this time
Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Cracking the Code on Career Development (based upon the Amazon bestselling book)
In today’s business environment, talent is the major differentiator. And developing and retaining that talent is one of the most significant drivers of employee engagement… which in turn is the key to critical business outcomes like revenue, profitability, innovation, productivity, customer loyalty, quality, and cycle time.
Yet, despite its importance, managers too frequently ignore the development imperative. Every day, employees who believe that their careers are not getting the attention they deserve make the decision to leave. Some resign to pursue employment in organizations that offer greater opportunity.
So, what’s a leader to do? Plenty… and it may be easier than you expect. Quality career development boils down to quality conversations. Improve the conversation and career development follows… along with job satisfaction, retention and results.
Julie Winkle Giulioni demonstrates just how simple it can be and how to help managers build career development into everyday work life – where it belongs. Practical tips, research-based recommendations and verbal skills are offered to make career development a lot easier and more effective.
This session will help you:
– Unravel the connection been career development and business results
– Explore the factors (organizational and individual) that conspire to undermine career development
– Redefine what career development means today
– Crystalize the steps you can take to begin to foster a development culture in your organization
what you get
- Last up to one hour
- Allow for up to 200 connections into the Cast (a connection is a login from a unique location)
- Include the two-way video experience (including interactive HD streaming video and audio) and dedicated support